I just wanted to share some information that comes out every year…. They do a yearly Cost vs Value report which give the cost and return of remodeling projects that you may want to do around your home.
It is broken down into regional averages. I will take W. South Central region which includes Texas. I would think the Irving Las Colinas real estate may fall into that category. You can click on this link to view the report but I wanted to share with you the top 5 projects with the best return. (least to most)
Some of these may not apply (basement) but it is interesting nonetheless…
5. Attic Bedroom – Cost $48,421 – Resale Value $34,003 – Cost recouped 78.3%
4. Fiber Cement Siding – Cost $12,954 – Resale Value $10,713 – Cost recouped 82.7%
3. Basement – Cost $55,071 – Resale Value $46,406 – Cost recouped 84.3%
2. Garage door – Cost $1,145 – Resale Value $1,130 – Cost recouped 98.7%
1. Steel Entry Door – Cost $1,079 – Resale Value $1,259 – Cost recouped 116.6%
Just goes to show you that a little investment for that new front door goes a long way. The two biggest factors that affect your sale is “Price and Condition”. It always helped to choose the best projects that will help your sale.